sudo systemctl restart httpd Now, when you go to your server's domain or IP address and New Behavior The server can be asked to: Display some other text, instead of the NCSA hard coded messages, or redirect to a local URL, or redirect to an external URL.
- Note that the script must emit an appropriate Status: header (such as 302Found), if the response contains a Location: header (in order to issue a client side redirect).
- This can prevent some strange situations where the text of a page references an error, but the http status is "200" (indicating a successful request).
- Here are some examples...
- Deploy Server Related Tutorials How To Migrate your Apache Configuration from 2.2 to 2.4 Syntax.
- This should only be set when the ErrorDocument directive processes a request.
- Otherwise the Location: header may have no effect.
- Or, you can have error conditions handled by a cgi program, or other dynamic handler (PHP, mod_perl, etc) which makes use of these variables.
- You can disable the proxy modules if you don't need to use them elsewhere:
Restart the server again to
- sudo a2dismod proxy
- sudo a2dismod proxy_http
- Here are some examples...
Apache Custom 500 Error Page
Otherwise the Location: header may have no effect. anchor How To Get Started With mod_pagespeed with Apache on a CentOS and Fedora Cloud Server How To Use the .htaccess File How To Set Up Mod_Rewrite (page 2) How To Create Apache 404 Error ErrorDocument 500 /cgi-bin/crash-recover
ErrorDocument 500 "Sorry, our script crashed. Apache Error Codes This is my configuration SetHandler weblogic-handler WebLogicHost 192.168.50.57 WebLogicPort 7001 ErrorPage /maintain.html File maintain.html is on DocumentRoot directory.
Both the original URL and the URL being redirected to can be logged in the access log. http://apexintsoft.com/apache-error/apache-generic-error-page.php They tell the user whether the request can be completed, or if the server needs more information, or if the server cannot complete the request. We'll make a page for 404 errors called custom_404.html and one for general 500-level errors called custom_50x.html. When your files contain no syntax errors, restart Apache by typing:
Now, when you go to your server's domain or IP address and Apache 404 Error On A File That Exists
- sudo service apache2 restart
Copyright 2016 The Apache Software Foundation.Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0. Inside, we can test whether the REDIRECT_STATUS environmental variable is set. To redirect a reader to a special web page when they encounter an error, you can either modify the srm.conf file if you have the ability to do so, or to Check This Out In your example you are saying return /index.html when a 404 (Not Found) error occurs.
Of course, you can also use PHP, ASP or CFML pages as error documents - very useful for keeping track of errors. Apache Errordocument 404 Not Working This can prevent some strange situations where the text of a page references an error, but the http status is "200" (indicating a successful request). Available Variables Redirecting to another URL can be useful, but only if some information can be passed which can then be used to explain or log the error condition more clearly.
What is the role of conjectures in modern mathematics?
Does Harley Quinn ever have children? Add a ProxyPass directive to the bottom of the virtual host. Are you sure you typed in the correct URL?" | sudo tee -a /var/www/html/custom_404.html